Everyone likes to have a perfect smile, however, a chipped or discolored tooth might ruin it. Don’t let the fear of facing your dentist get in the way of recreating your smile. The London Ontario dental office offers an easy dental treatment option – tooth bonding.
Tooth bonding is used to:
- Repair cracked, chipped, discolored, or decayed tooth.
- Close gaps between teeth.
- Enhance the tooth’s shape and appearance,
- Protect the tooth’s exposed roots due to receding gums.
What are the benefits of tooth bonding in London Ontario?
- Tooth bonding saves time and money.
The patient skips lengthy dental cosmetic procedures that require at least two dental visits. The procedure is done in one dental appointment with a rate that starts at $130 CAD for the treatment.
- Tooth bonding produces a natural look.
Composite resins used in tooth bonding have similar properties to dentin because it’s made of a silica filler and plastic resin. These two combined materials are excellent to replicate the tooth’s natural color, and highly reliable for adhesion.
- The patient’s bonded tooth can be changed in the future for another dental procedure at the London Ontario dental office
How is tooth bonding done by your dentist?
- The dentist prepares the patient by trimming the tooth if it is decayed. No anesthesia is required for tooth bonding in London Ontario except if the patient feels uneasy or has a very low tolerance for discomfort.
- A shade guide is used for the composite resin color that closely matches the color of the natural teeth.
- The dentist roughens the tooth’s surface before applying a conditioning liquid and attaches the putty-like resin to the tooth.
- Then the resin is molded to the desired shape and bonded to the tooth with a laser.
- Lastly, the dentist polishes and shapes the composite resin to achieve a perfect tooth shape.
Restoring your smile is easy, convenient, and cost efficient with tooth bonding at the London Ontario dental office.